Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Quincy Jones "They Call Me MISTER Tibbs" - 1973


http://rapidshare.com/files/31152227/Mr._Tibbs.zip
Usually when I put something up, I'll say: "This one's hot!!!" Well, this time I'll say it's "Luke Warm!" No disrepect to Mr. Jones, the film, or the score, it just isn't one of my favorites, given the period in which it was released (there's a hell of a lot of other hot ones he put out around this time). If I had to rate it, it falls in just underneath "The Lost Man," another film staring Sidney Poitier. It's still funky, and still groovy, and it's still Quincy, but it tends to be a little bit on the repetitive side (which is why I didn't include all the tracks), but it does have at least one or two real winners in it. Stay tuned for more...

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment