Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Jackie Barnett Presents... Sidney Poitier "Journeys Inside the Mind, The Dialogues of Plato" (1970)


http://rapidshare.com/files/28590358/Plato.zip First of all, huge thanx to the "Killer Grove Music Library" for turning me on to this... He posted one of the tracks off this album, and I just couldn't help but track it down. Took me a while, but I finally got my hands on it. It's hard to know whose name to put on the title line, because some many gents had there hands in on the production of this album. Full title is: Jackie Barnett Presents... Sidney Poitier Journeys Inside the Mind "The Dialogues of Plato," The Music of Fred Katz. Let me know who you prefer...

Over all, I love this album. From what I can gather, it was released in 1970, but once you hear it, it sounds like something straight out of the psychodelic sixties. Reminds me a little bit of "Sing Me A Song of Songmy" by Ilhan Mimaroglu & Freddie Hubbard, but not as far out on the edge of insanity and experimentation as that on is. For those of you who haven't heard that one, it's definately an album worth checking out, as well as this one. "Dialogues of Plato" is heavy on the conventional jazz tip, as well as musicianship, but you can't help but think what this album would sound llike with out Sidney Poitier amazing voice speaking over every track. Enjoy, folks. Until next time.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment