Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Mongo Santamaria "Soul Bag" (1968)


Spent Christmas morning with the family, then had to head out to my mom's about noon. After we passed out the gifts, I remembered that she had quite the vinyl collection back in the day; I only remembered that because I always had to help lug them around every time we moved. Anyways, I happened to find a lot of things that you wouldn't think to find in a crate full of old records owned by a 61 year old divorcee/widow from the state of Texas. After spending some time delving through the remnants of her collection, I only came to one final conclusion: mama's got soul... Okay, so this is a nice one, and except for a few unrepairable nicks & scratches through-out, it plays pretty damn good. Bernard Purdie drums, Hubert Laws flute, Luis Gasca trumpet, and Mongo on percussions; need I say more!?! Enjoy this. I know I did. Back soon. Peace!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment